The Regional Community Development Specialist is responsible for managing the organization’s economic and community development activities as described in contracts and funding agreements related to the State of Montana’s Certified Regional Development (CRDC) program and the U.S. Economic Development Administration’s Economic Development District (EDA) program. The position is responsible for overseeing and updating the region’s Community Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and activities related to community and infrastructure development which may include project development, grant writing, project management, and reporting to applicable state and federal funding agencies.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
The Community Development Specialist is responsible for facilitating community projects that contribute to successful business operations and vibrant communities. This position will administer federal, state, or foundation grants. Main position responsibilities will result in the implementation of the regional CEDS:
• Be the visible face of Community and Economic Development in the GNDC region
• Engagement with local community groups (such as Chambers of Commerce, Downtown Associations, civic engagement groups) to actively recruit new business to the GNDC region.
• Attend local City and County meetings to report on economic development activities in the region.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to conduct community and economic development meetings and surveys to guide the development and implementation of the GNDC CEDS.
• Project planning, outreach, and research of available funding opportunities
• Grant and proposal writing for funding a variety of community and economic development projects.
• Administrative, recordkeeping, project budget management and compliance
This job is a good fit if you have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, planning, community development, public administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
• Competency in persuasive writing, team collaboration, effective verbal and written
communication, and attention to detail
• Ability to utilize webinar and phone conferencing programs to host meetings and trainings.
• Working knowledge of State, Federal and private grant/loan programs
• Experience with community planning projects and downtown revitalization
• Competency in development and tracking of project budgets and financial management.
• Experience with public speaking and group facilitation
• Skilled in coordinating large, complex projects, meeting deadlines, and working effectively under pressure.
Other information you should know:
• Frequent travel is required within the 6 county GNDC service area. Occasional travel outside the region, including overnight travel to attend meetings, workshops, and training seminars, is also required.
• This position reports directly to the GNDC Executive Director. Employee is not required to be in Wolf Point; telework is available.
• Flexible work schedule, with some weekend and evening hours
• Position requires the ability to communicate with the public, co-workers, and stakeholder groups on a regular basis (public speaking)
• This position requires knowledge of general accepted office practices specifically, but not limited to:
• Self-starter, independent work ethic.
• Ability to community effectively both orally and in writing
• Organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and set goals and priorities.
• May need to sit at a desk, at meetings, and in vehicles for long periods of time.
Benefits that come with this position:
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Beginning wage expected to be $39,000 – $41,000 based on regional market data and commensurate with experience.
• Benefits package includes:
• 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee; dental and vision (employee paid).
• Employer contribution to retirement savings program, sick leave, paid holidays, and vacation.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and optional letters of recommendation to the address below, or email to email@example.com
Position Open Until Filled
Contact: Tori Matejovsky, Executive Director
Great Northern Development Corporation
233 Cascade Street, Wolf Point, MT 59201
(406) 653-2590 ext. 206