Great Northern Development Cooperation Financial Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Financial Officer will manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure.
The Financial Officer will be involved in organizational strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for GNDC’s expansion as a CDFI. The Financial Officer will work closely with individual program managers at GNDC to ensure compliance with all financing entities and GNDC fiscal policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work closely with the Executive Director on leadership of the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes – including HR, payroll, and benefits – with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Prepare and review with the Executive Director, claims, checks, finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials for the GNDC Board of Directors
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new projects. Record income and expenses on a regular basis.
- Prepare closing entries at fiscal yearend; prepare financial statements for annual audit and be on
hand during audits to assist the auditor.
- Prepare all financial reports for federal grant awards and funding sources.
- Record loan payments as made crediting interest and principal accordingly.
- Provide financial support services to other staff as directed by the Executive Director.
- Ensure GNDC Fiscal Policies and Procedures are current and GNDC program mangers comply with fiscal policies and procedures.
- Ensure GNDC Incubator Guidelines are current.
- Maintain a yearly budget for the Incubator.
- Organize quarterly Incubator Committee meetings to review budget and maintenance needs of incubator facilities.
- Determine applicable rental rates and utility costs, per Incubator guidelines.
- Provide small business tenants with necessary forms and outlines to follow in making applications.
- Advertise for Incubator vacancies as they occur.
- Respond to tenant needs and building maintenance needs promptly, managing the physical infrastructure, and system maintenance, with assistance from the Executive Director.
- Record rental, utilities, and service payments and provide acknowledgement to clients.
- Purchase supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned by the Executive Director.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education):
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Minimum of five years of professional financial management
- Experience with budget management of $5 to $10 million
Competencies or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Advanced communication and outreach skills
- Advanced financial/strategic management skills
- Advanced human resources skills
- Advanced budgeting/financial skills
- Advanced administration skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Fast paced general office environment. Regular travel is necessary both within and outside the state for organizational specific events or during employment. Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, detailed verbal communications working with computer keyboards and other typing and/or written/visual communication.
Intermittent travel is required at association events/other meetings, with additional travel as needed. Montana driver’s license required with ability to drive across the state by car. Must be able to stand and
walk short distances, stoop and bend, handle and lift books, papers, and office equipment up to 50 pounds.
Other information you should know:
- This position reports directly to the GNDC Executive Director. The position functions out of the office in Wolf Point; telework is available after an in office six-month training period and upon
- This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefit package including 100% employer paid health insurance coverage for the employee, paid sick, vacation and holiday leave, and employer contribution to retirement savings program.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Wage based on regional market data and commensurate with experience.
- FLSA Status – Exempt
- Position Status – Full Time.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and optional letters for recommendation to the address below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Open Until Filled
Tori Matejovsky, Executive Director
Great Northern Development Corporation
233 Cascade Street
Wolf Point, MT 59201
(406) 653-2590 ext. 206
Great Northern Development Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.