The Financial Officer will manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including
financial, accounting, legal, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure.
The Financial Officer will be involved in organizational strategic planning, evaluation, and professional
development initiatives, as well as planning for GNDC’s expansion as a CDFI. The Financial Officer will work
closely with individual program managers at GNDC to ensure compliance with all financing entities and GNDC
fiscal policies and procedures.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
• Record income and expenses on a regular basis
• Prepare claims and/or checks for review by Executive Director.
• Prepare and review with the Executive Director, finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting
materials for the GNDC Board of Directors
• Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and
proposed new projects.
• Prepare closing entries at fiscal yearend; prepare financial statements for annual audit and be on hand
during audits to assist the auditor.
• Prepare all financial reports for federal grant awards and funding sources.
• Record loan payments as made crediting interest and principal accordingly.
• Provide financial support services to other staff as directed by the Executive Director.
• Ensure GNDC Fiscal Policies and Procedures are current and GNDC program mangers comply with fiscal
policies and procedures.
• Work closely with the Executive Director on leadership of the organization’s financial, budgeting, and
administrative processes – including HR, payroll, and benefits – with an eye to continuously developing
and improving systems.
GNDC Small Business Incubator Management
• Ensure GNDC Incubator Guidelines are current.
• Maintain a yearly budget for the Incubator.
• Organize quarterly Incubator Committee meetings to review budget and maintenance needs of
• Determine applicable rental rates and utility costs, per Incubator guidelines.
• Provide small business tenants with necessary forms and outlines to follow in making applications.
• Advertise for vacancies as they occur.
• Respond to tenant needs and building maintenance needs promptly, managing the physical
infrastructure, and system maintenance, with assistance from the Executive Director.
• Record rental, utilities, and service payments and provide acknowledgment to clients.
• Purchase supplies as needed.
This position is a good fit for you if the following applies to you:
The Financial Officer will have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the
finance and administration of a high-growth $5 million to $10 million organization (preference given to
nonprofit experience). Experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing
organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The Financial Officer will have the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
• Excellent people skills, and experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
• Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and
guiding investment in people and systems.
• Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
• Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop
and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to GNDC’s mission.
Other information you should know:
• This position reports directly to the GNDC Executive Director. Employee is not required to be in Wolf Point;
telework is available.
• This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefit package including 100% employer paid health insurance
coverage for the employee, paid sick, vacation and holiday leave, and employer contribution to retirement
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Beginning wage expected to be $48,000 – $51,000.
Wage based on regional market data and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and optional letters of recommendation to the address below, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Open Until Filled
Contact: Tori Matejovsky, Executive Director
Great Northern Development Corporation
233 Cascade Street, Wolf Point, MT 59201
(406) 653-2590 ext. 206