GNDC Outreach Specialist
The Outreach Specialist will spend 50% of their time planning training and workshop events aimed at supporting and strengthening the small business community through the GNDC Small Business Development Center. The position will spend the remaining 50% of time responsible for non-SBDC staff support activities (general marketing activities, office administration, and coordinating non-SBDC meetings, workshops, and training opportunities).
- Work closely with GNDC staff to plan and implement in-person and webinar-format workshops and training opportunities for clients within the service region. Including coordinating facility use and rentals as related to workshop and training events (dates, locations, technology needs)
- Collaborate with local, regional, and state partners to recruit speakers, presenters and instructors
- Setting up and managing technology before and during trainings/workshops
- Manage client registrations for workshop and training events
- Ensure participants complete post-event evaluations of trainings/workshops
- Marketing of workshops/training/funding opportunities via social media, newsletters, website, radio and traditional print materials
- Collaborate with other partner organization in Montana to provide online materials for clients
- Work with the GNDC SBDC Director to develop and deploy region-wide needs surveys to gauge impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Assist the GNDC SBDC Director to develop recovery materials/trainings/workshops for affected businesses
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies as needed for workshop and training events
- Develop and deploy newsletters and email updates
- Regularly update social media and organization website with relevant and current content
- Assist the GNDC SBDC Director in completing reports (using Neoserra) for the Lead Center and GNDC board members
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned by the GNDC SBDC Director or GNDC Executive Director
- Direct work experience and/or education in organization and facilitating training programs for adults
- Written and verbal communications skills are key to success in this position
- Working knowledge of small business operations
- Ability to professionally represent GNDC
- Ability to meet GNDC program goals by attracting trainers to deliver workshops that are appropriate for the region, and are effective in delivering quality materials to small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Strong community connections and understanding of working with businesses in the GNDC region
- A four-year college degree in business, education, communications, marketing, or other related field is preferred
- Experience working with a non-profit organization
- Administrative and project management experience
- Working knowledge of State, Federal and private capitalization programs/partners
- Must have and maintain a current Montana State Driver’s License
- Flexible work schedule, with some weekend, evening and overnight hours
- May need to sit at a desk, at meetings, and in vehicles for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk short distances, stoop and bend, handle and lift books, papers, and office equipment up to 50 pounds.
- This position reports directly to the GNDC SBDC Director and will work closely with all GNDC staff. Employee is required to be in the main Wolf Point office 20 hours a week; remaining time can be spent out of the office conducting job-related activities or remote work.
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR 3 years of comparable experience desired
- This is a full-time hourly position, 40 hours/week. Pay is $17.00/hour DOE.
How to Apply
- Complete the GNDC employment application (can be found at 233 Cascade St. in Wolf Point, or downloaded below)
- Submit the completed employment application, with a cover letter, resume, and one letter of recommendation to the address below or email to email@example.com.
- For questions contact Tori Matejovsky, Executive Director at (406) 653-2590 ext. 206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org